Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fall Flowers not Winter Wonderland

I just noticed that today's temperature high in Utah is supposed to be 48 degrees. Brrr. It is a cool 85 degrees here in Phoenix.

The weather change in Phoenix is much different that what i'm used to. We don't have the same type of seasons as I am used to in Utah. When thinking of Octobers in Utah I remember the smell of autumn leaves, the smell of rain hitting the ground, the salty smell of the gym, the leather of the basketball and the warm smell of the heater vent in the kitchen, and of course, sitting on the floor in Grandma's living room reading a book as the warm Sun comes in and fills your soul.

Instead, I get the smell of orange blossoms, the smell of fall flowers, the smell grass, the smell of the freeway from the current inversion and, of course, allergies. Yeah.

Has it snowed? What is the weather like where you are? And who wants to come to Arizona for Christmas?

2 comments:

Heather Hoyt said...

I can tell you it isn't sandal weather here, though I persisted in wearing my sandals today. I've seen snow on the ground (up in Salt Lake, though).

And I'd like to come to Arizona! Maybe I could come down during my winter break sometime.

Unknown said...

i wouldn't miss arizona this christmas if you paid me!! heehee

love all ya walkers